This book has wow effect for me. The author is famous @unclebobmartin. I called books of such type as "craftsmanship" books (term borrowed from @unclebobmartin). This book is like a companion book for The Pragmatic Programmer, but it has a little bit another "inflection":
- Book has close relation to software engineering as a profession and style is narrative. It very easy to read and follow the general idea.
- Uncle Bob did very important thing (as for me), he told us about his own failures and their consequences. It is looks very honest which brings together author and reader.
- He isn't cardinal in his statements. Be pragmatic, borrow his experience and just don't do the same mistakes.
- You won't find any technological advices in this book. There is ONLY life concepts :)
- It's like a craftsmanship Zen for software engineers.
- Uncle Bob gives us bootstrap cookbook for non-technological skills.