It's always interesting to read comparison of Java build tools. There are two major player so far: Ant and Maven. But, I'd like to know more about other tools.
Here are some interesting links:
- www.hjug.org/present/Java_Build_Tool_Comparison.ppt - short comparison matrix, it's really useful for overview
- The future of Java build tools - conceptual review, worth reading, especially comments
- http://java.dzone.com/news/maven-or-ant - pros and cons for both Maven and Ant
- http://www.webforefront.com/archives/2009/09/java_build_tool.html - small Maven criticism
- http://kent.spillner.org/blog/work/2009/11/14/java-build-tools.html - "Java Build Tools: Ant vs. Maven", I think it's really famous article in the Internet. Just read arguments of Maven hater.
- http://community.jboss.org/wiki/Gradlewhy - Hibernate moved from Maven2 to Gradle!
Top 3 Java build tools:
Ant and Maven are good enough for any projects. But Gradle evolves really quickly. So, we can get additional "big" player on Java build tools field.